West Tampa Glass Company was founded by Ovin Hall in 1934. The name was
changed to West Tampa Glass in the 1950’s when the company moved to a 4000 square foot building in West Tampa at 2311 Main Street. In May of 1990, Patrick and Jeanne Condon purchased West Tampa Glass. At that time, the company was primarily a residential, retail glass company that provided and installed glass products for residences and several institutions. From 1990 to 1999, the company evolved towards larger commercial contracts and slowly reduced its residential business.
In 1999, after winning a contract for glazing Citrus Park Mall, a decision was made to purchase a 26,000 sq.ft. warehouse at the Southeast corner of 35th street and 19th avenue. In 2000, the adjacent land was purchased which resulted in ownership of the eastern side of 35thStreet from Columbus to 19th Avenue. In April 2002 work was completed on a 24,000sq.ft. addition, including 8,000 sq.ft. of office space and 16,000 sq.ft. of manufacturing space for ISG.
By 2006, WTG has grown to about 100 employees working throughout the state of Floriday. Since 1990, WTG has grown from one of many small glass shops in Tampa to the largest contract glazing shop in Western Florida.